Computer applications in education is a broad and changing term due to the breadth of the area of study and the rapid and ever-changing nature of technology. Computer applications include, but are not limited to, desktop publishing and presentations, computer use in classrooms, telecommunications and distance education, computer hardware and software development, networking, lab administration, multimedia presentations, and publishing.
Therefore, in our training program, we incorporate an integrated approach to use technology in the process of applying it to resolve teaching and learning issues. We use problem-based learning as a channel for our exploration. With the collective dream of making indigenous educational institutions the best learning vehicles they can be, the adoption of Information and Communication Technology is inevitable.
Darbot, has a dream of revolutionizing the way teaching and learning is done in Nigeria, providing a cheaper yet more efficient system using ICT platform. To this end, we are offering.
We provide Computer training in using Windows programs such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Publisher). Other ICT training such as Web-design & Development, Software/Mobile Application development, Data analysis and computer repairs.
An outline of our Computer/ICT based training program is listed below:
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Describe the parts of a computer.
- Identify and use window components.
- Use the mouse correctly.
- Navigate a webpage.
- Perform basic file management tasks.
Table of Contents
- Basic computer terminology.
- What is a computer?
- What is an operating system?
- What are the major physical components of the computer?
What is the desktop?
- Quick Launch Toolbar
- Start menu
- My Computer
- Task Manager
- Right-click on Desktop>Properties
What are the major components of a window?
- Windows and its components
- Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons
- Title bar
Navigating a webpage
- Web site
- Home page
- Search engine
- Web browsing (Internet Explorer, Google chrome, Mozilla)
- menu options
- minimize, maximize and close
- Create a new folder.
- Copy/Move files from one folder to another.
- Drag and Drop files.
- Create different file types with varying extensions.
- Create a shortcut to an often-used file or application.
- Utilize the hard drive and other drives for file management.
- Rename/Delete a folder or file.
- Use the Recycle Bin appropriately.
MICROSOFT WORD 2013 ESSENTIAL TRAINING
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Getting Familiar with Microsoft Word 2013 for Windows
- The Microsoft Office Button
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- The Title Bar
- The Ribbon
- The Ruler
- The Text Area
- The Vertical and Horizontal Scroll Bars
- The Status Bar
- Understanding Document Views
- Understanding Nonprinting Characters
- Create Sample Data and Select Text
- Place the Cursor
- Execute Commands with Keyboard Shortcuts
- Start a New Paragraph
- Exit Word
Lesson 2: Microsoft Word 2013 Basic Features
- Type, Backspace, and Delete
- Insert and Overtype
- Bold, Italicize, and Underline
- Save a File and Close Word
Lesson 3: More Basic Features
- Open a File
- Cut and Paste
- Copy and Paste
- Use the Clipboard
- Create AutoText
- Use Spell Check
- Find and Replace
- Change the Font Size
- Change the Font
- Save Your File
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs and Working with Styles
- Open a Blank Document
- Add Sample Text
- Add Space Before or After Paragraphs
- Change Line Spacing
- Create a First-Line Indent
- Indent Paragraphs
- Align Paragraphs
- Create a Hanging Indent
- Choose a Style Set
- Apply a Style
- Change Style Sets
Lesson 5: Adding Bullets and Numbers, Undoing and Redoing, Setting Page Layouts and Printing Documents
- Add Bullets and Numbers
- Undo and Redo
- Set the Orientation
- Set the Page Size
- Set the Margins
- Add Page Numbers
- Insert Page Breaks
- Preview and Print Documents
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2013 ESSENTIAL TRAINING
This course, teaches the basics of creating, editing and sharing presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. The course shows how to build a slideshow from scratch, or leverage PowerPoint templates and themes for quick construction.
Table of contents:
- Touring the PowerPoint interface
- Creating a presentation
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Adding and formatting pictures
- Working with bullet points
- Adding shapes and creating diagrams
- Inserting tables from Excel
- Inserting audio and video clips
- Delivering your presentation
- Reusing and sharing a presentation
MICROSOFT EXCEL 2013 ESSENTIAL TRAINING
This course covers all the basics needed to start entering data and building organized workbooks. It covers how to enter and organize data, perform calculations with simple functions, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of data, build charts and PivotTables.
Table of contents:
- What is Excel and what is it used for?
- Using the menus
- Working with dates and times
- Creating simple formulas
- Formatting fonts, row and column sizes, borders, and more
- Inserting shapes, arrows, and other graphics
- Adding and deleting rows and columns
- Hiding data
- Moving, copying, and pasting
- Sorting and filtering data
- Printing worksheet
- Powerful IF, VLOOKUP, and COUNTIF family of functions
- Goal Seek Solver
- Other data analysis tools
- How to automate many of these tasks with macros
- Securing your workbooks
- Tracking changes
DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Digital Marketing
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Google plus)
- Email Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Social Media Management
WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT:
- Domain registration & hosting.
- Interactive online forms.
- Live chat integration.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Security updates and maintenance.
- Ecommerce and Online payment integration
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Joomla, Moodle, Drupal, e.t.c
- Blogs and forums
- Site debugging
- Graphics design (Corel draw and Photoshop)
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
- Formatting and installation of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10)
- Antivirus installation
- Virus removal
- Windows troubleshooting and repairs
- Data recovery
To enroll for any of our training programme, contact: 07039359066, 08053690844, firstname.lastname@example.org